We provide primary care for many of our patients. If you wish to use us as your primary care physician, here are a few things to be aware of:
- If you want 24/7 service 100% of the time, we suggest that you have a "back up physician" who's available 24 hours a day. Otherwise, you will need to be prepared to use the emergency room as required.
- We can help you with referrals, special needs, and most medical problems.
- We can help with home care or do house calls for short-term, acute problems.
- If you are insured by Medicare, you may wish to have a Medicare physician who can help with some of your routine care, lab and x-ray testing. In many cases this can save you money. Sometimes, due to Medicare deductibles and co-pays, it may not.
- We do not guarantee 24 hour, 7 day a week availability. Instead, expect us to be available about 90% of the time.
- We do not provide hospital service except in a consulting capacity. We provide home care, nursing home care, and special services only by prior agreement.