Minimizing Health Care Costs
We Want You To Be In Control Of Your Health Costs
Here are Several Tips to Help You Control Your Costs
- If you have a limit to what you can spend on a particular problem, tell us. We may not be able to provide filet mignon for the price of a hamburger, but sometimes money is part of the problem and we are more likely to meet your needs if we know what they are.
- Bring a typewritten sheet listing your symptoms and problems in detail. Describe when problems began, how often they occurred, what seemed to make them better or worse. List what you're taking in the way of medication and food supplements. List any allergies. Carefully describe anything else you think I should know about your health history.
- Let us know as clearly as you can what you want from this visit. Do you want a diagnosis? Information? What has caused the condition? Do you want to know what your options are? Do you want treatment?
- When we give you a list of recommendations during the visit and you know for sure that you will do this one or won't do that one, please let us know. Than we can concentrate on those things that you are likely to do. We won't waste our time on those things which aren't workable for you.
- If you have a chronic or long-standing problem, we're unlikely to solve that in a single visit. Please let us know on subsequent visits which recommendations you've been able to follow and which you haven't. Bring a written progress report of what has improved and what problems still remain.
- Please understand that some complex medical problems require more the skills of a detective than a technician. Sometimes seemingly aimless questions on our part can help unravel the mystery. From your side, information about unusual symptoms that might make no sense to you can help us solve your problems. We encourage you to report these.
Save on Pharmaceuticals
For those who pay 100% of their own pharmaceutical costs, Costco is dramatically less expensive (as of this date) than any other pharmacy of which I am aware. You might also compare prices at www.faircareRx.com at 888.932.4779 or SaveNow Discount Pharmacy at 425 640-3880.
Bring More, Take More Home
With anything, the more you bring with you, the more you will take home with you. Follow the tips above to help us serve you better. Between visits, remember there is nothing we can do for you. As as soon as you leave the office you are your own doctor and dependent only on yourself to live a healthy lifestyle and use the methods we give you to improve your health. To squeeze the most benefit from your health care dollar, follow our advice carefully. See what works for you. On your next visit, report on your experience. This is important information that we both can use in learning more about your particular physiology and your particular life, and helps us work out what is going to work best for you.
Remember that rather than run through a set routine with each patient, we tailor what we do to your individual needs. The harder you work the more you can help us understand those needs, and the better we can meet them at the least cost to you.